The type of logo design you choose can have a huge impact on your brand and your business. Many business owners don’t know where to start when it comes to choosing the best type of logo for their business. In this article, we share the 6 different types of logos along with some examples of each type.
1) Monogram – A monogram is a logotype that consists of letters, typically the brand’s initials. Some examples include HBO, IBM, and NASA.
2) Wordmark – Similar to a monogram, a wordmark logo is a font-based logo that focuses on the business name. Some examples include Google, FedEx, eBay. and Disney.
3) Symbol – Symbols are icon/graphic based logo. They are typically based around the first thing that comes to mind when you say the business name. Some examples include Apple, Instagram, and Shell.
4) Abstract Mark – Abstract marks is an abstract geometric mark that represents your business, but not in a literal sense. Some examples include Adidas, BP, and Mastercard.
5) Mascot – Mascots are logos that include an illustrated character which is often the face of the brand. Some examples include KFC, Pringles, Mr. Clean, and The Pillsbury Doughboy.
6) Emblem – An emblem logo is designed to fit the text inside of a symbol or icon. Some examples include Starbucks Coffee, Warner Bros, Harley Davidson, and our logo.
We hope this article helped you understand the different types of logos that are available to choose from. If you are still unsure of which type of logo is best for your business, feel free to reach out to us. Our talented logo designers can help create the perfect logo for your business.